Saturday, May 2, 2009

Post Surgery Update

We were finally able to come home yesterday afternoon! We didn't expect to stay that long, but we did expect to stay longer than they said because with Layne's condition we usually have to stay a bit longer than the usual child stays.


Layne's PEG tube site is healing well, it is red and gooey but nothing out of the ordinary for this type of surgery. He is on antibiotics just to keep him from developing any type of infection. The reasons we had to stay longer is of course because of the breathing issues and then Layne had too much acid in his blood(he usually does and is on medication for this, but it was extra high this time) so we had to wait until that was corrected. He now has to take 15mls of Bicitra 4xs daily instead of 7mls so it went up quite a bit. They suspect this could be the reason he has been vomiting alot lately.


Layne hasn't been feeling well since last night. He didn't sleep hardly at all last night and had fever all night and day. We took him to the doctor this morning and they suspect it is something viral. I certainly hope it is this strange flu stuff going around, he doesn't need that! At the moment he has no fever and seems to be feeling a tiny bit better. Poor little guy hasn't been himself at all lately. Please pray it isn't flu(regular or swine).


I have to admit this week has been a rough one. It's hard being in and out of the hospital so much, it's exhausting for both us and Layne. I'd give anything for Layne to be healthy and happy. I am thankful to have him and so thankful that he isn't much worse, someone always has it worse. One thing that keeps me at peace with everything is that Layne has the golden ticket into Heaven and I'm sure of that. When he gets there(hopefully not soon) he will be able to run and play like any normal little boy, and I want to be the best christian I can so I can be there to see it! Oh what a joyful day that would be, to meet Jesus and to see my little boy running and playing and full of his precious smiles for all eternity.



Now it's time for pictures!

Right before surgery After surgery, and after his "episode"

In ICU

PEG Tube Feeling better! He's so cute! We were bored!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Layne, what a precious boy! Check out that gorgeous smile of his. It's so very contagious and heart warming!

Hoping he is feeling even better! From experience, I know how rough and exhausting these moments are. My heart goes out to you. Sending more thoughts and prayers to you and little Layne.

Ashley Jones said...

I still will never understand how you do it, but I know prayers are being answered girl. Layne is such a miracle, and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read an update on him. I just love seeing that smile, especially after all of the adversity he's been through. I have been so blessed by getting to you know you guys!