Monday, April 6, 2009

Wow...What a Weekend!

We have had one crazy weekend! It started off with the Stroll for Epilepsy at the Dallas Zoo! We had to get up at 4:45am to get ready...that was super hard since we don't get much sleep as it is! We headed out of here at about 5:45 and Layne screamed the entire 2hr trip...yay...not! Then once we got there he was still so fussy and crying that we couldn't even push him in his stroller! We still had fun though and the animals at the zoo were alot more active than last time! Layne's doctor and dietitian were there too as well as the people who do his EEG's!! Here are a few pics from the walk!



Layne with Dr. Said!


After the walk we thought we would invite our families to come eat with us at Chili's. When we got there Layne kept fussing and then starting acting like he was trying to have a BM. He went and we went out to the car to change him. As soon as we got back in he started pushing super hard and then he vomited on me. So back out to the car we went and he continued to push very hard trying to have another BM. We eventually got our food to go since Layne was having such a bad time. So needless to say that little idea was a disaster!


When we got home Layne had another BM, this one with no trouble and when I changed him I noticed he had jelly like blood in his diaper. So I texted his pediatrician-yes I said texted, he is wonderful! He was 6hrs away so he decided we needed to take Layne to the ER. So back to Dallas we went. When we got there they suspected he had intussusception(I'm sure that's misspelled!). But after all night in the ER and some testing discovered that wasn't it. They said it could have been anything from NG tube irritation to the constipation he often has. I'm so glad it wasn't what they thought because that can be very serious and if not treated will result in death.


So what a fun weekend huh? When we got home Sunday afternoon, Mimi and Aunt Bonny were there to watch Layne so we could catch up on sleep, since we had been up for over 30hrs straight. We got a good 4 hr nap and so did Layne!!! He ended up going to bed at his normal time too and slept pretty well last night, only waking about 2 times!


This sucks-yeah I said it-it just plain sucks. Why?-yes I finally ask why- does Layne have to have all these big problems and then the little ones on top of that? This weekend was the first time we have ever had the points, stares, and whispers and it was heartbreaking. I guess people were looking because he is in his special needs stroller and has the NG tube. One little girl told her mother-"mommy that baby looks sick". I cry as I type that. The mother instantly shushed her. Then we had people who would tap there mom, or friend and point and stare and then whisper. Wonder what they say? Who knows.


After such a rough weekend I sure hope the rest of the week is better! Layne goes to see the GI doctor tomorrow, so I will update how that goes! Oh and by the way he is 16lbs 13.5ozs!


2 comments:

braden-kaleigh.blogspot.com said...

Aw I sure hated to hear the weekend was so rough. You couldn't tell by the photos. Layne seemed so happy. I got teary over the stares and pointing. Little ones are just curious but adults should know better. I'll be praying that all goes well at the GI office. Hopefully it's something simple and easy to remedy.

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry that the weekend turned out the way it did, but I want to remember the positives also.

Yes Layne was very fussy when we first arrived at the zoo. It was early in the morning, and different from his regular daily routine. But I started pushing him around in his stroller and he started not to get so fussy. He did prefer to be carried around though. After all family members present had carried him around; it was finally my turn to carry him. Well, he fell asleep during my turn, and I felt it was my duty to carry him asleep, until he woke up. Well that was about two hours. My left bicep was very sore after that, but I think that opportunity to carry him while he was asleep was my duty. I would do it again in a heartbeat. His mother (my wonderful daughter) does this every day, so it was a privilege for me to do it for just two hours. He really seemed to love riding the carousel, but that doesn't surprise me, because he does grin when you spin him around. Other than the problems he had later (getting sick at lunch and having to go to the ER), I had a wonderful day with my grandson Layne.