**UPDATE**
We have spoke with Layne's doctors and they suggested trying powerade zero and if that was tolerated then half powerade zero and half formula. Well he tolerated the powerade zero alone but halfway through the half/half he vomited again. So I informed them of that and at the moment we are trying a 2/3 mixture, 2ozs powerade zero and 1oz of formula. If he does not tolerate that then we have to do a half/half mixture of pedialyte and powerade zero for his night feed. If he does tolerate that, then we can try his regular night feed. I have to call back at 8 in the morning to let them know how it went. If he continues to vomit, they want to do some lab work. Keep praying......
**********************************************************************************
Yesterday's upper GI went well, but Layne woke up with fever and coughing, ugh. So radiology sent us over to the ER for Layne to be checked out. He has an URI. So looks like the surgery will be delayed some.
Layne's vomiting problem has only gotten worse. In the past 24hrs he has vomited 5 times. At 4 this morning his vomit was the color of grass, so I'm guessing he vomited bile. Which I hear isn't the best?!? He has lost about 10ozs in the past few days. This is very discouraging as we just want him to be as healthy as he can, and of course to continue to gain weight.
I have spoke with his GI nurse and I should be getting a call from the doctor very soon. I don't have any idea what is going to happen yet but I think Layne is a little dehydrated so that's never good. I did get him to drink 3oz of water by mouth and we are holding off on formula at this point.
Please pray that nothing is seriously wrong. I feel like it's a never ending circle of sadness and heartache for us. I don't understand why poor little Layne has to endure so much in his tiny life.
Thanks for checking in and keeping up with us, we appreciate it very much.
1 comment:
Aw poor baby..:-( He is always in our prayers but we will say a few extra in hopes he will get over this hurtle. Whatever it may be.. thanks for the update.
Post a Comment