Today Layne had his appointment with Dr. Said(Neuro). She thinks Layne is doing very well and is happy he isn't having seizures!! We talked about getting his appointment set up with the GI doctor to get everything arranged for the G-tube. So I should know about that soon! She wants to see him again in 3 months(I think that may be the longest stretch ever!) and he will also get an EEG that day too. It will be to see if his brain waves have calmed down.
Layne and his Daddy in front of the rhino!
Big Elephant!!
My favorite, the tiger!!!
Layne's t-shirt we got him!
We also talked to Mary Susan(dietitian) about how he doesn't want to eat anything. She said that if we don't think he wants to eat by mouth then he doesn't have to. Every time I try to feed him a meal he just spits it out and gags and then starts crying. I guess he might just be too full since he is being fed so often.
After the appointment we went to the Dallas Zoo. Our first stop was the food court, haha, it was lunch time so we just decided to eat at the zoo. We had Layne in his stroller and hooked up to his feeding pump and because we weren't moving much he started to cry. So I was going to take him out and hold him but his feed was done so I decided to unhook that and flush it and everything first. So because he was screaming and I was trying to do all of that really fast I think everyone in there thought we were having a medical emergency! HAHA! Anyways we had lots of fun and saw lots of cool animals. I do think the Ft Worth zoo is much better though, I mean they didn't even have lions at this one!
Layne and his Daddy in front of the rhino!
Big Elephant!!
My favorite, the tiger!!!
Layne's t-shirt we got him!
Cool Giraffe!
These tortoises moved so SLOW! I didn't seem like they were real!
Layne just relaxing!
1 comment:
The pics from the zoo are great. Looks like you had fun. I can't wait till we can take Braden places. You are probably right on Layne feeling too full to eat. It took a long time before Braden would eat again after getting his tube.
Post a Comment