Layne has been on the new formula for 2 days now. And I'm not excited to report that he is still vomiting. I'm not sure if it is because of the formula or the fact that he is some what constipated. I just hope he can tolerate it better soon, because I'm really scared to have to switch his tube to a G-J tube. I am afraid he will feel hungry because he would not be fed in his stomach anymore.
1 comment:
we have the g-j tube, it is not scary and our little guy never seems to act hungry.
Everything operates pretty much the same as a g-tube only two major differences, feedings have to go in much slower (because the tummy is like a holding tank and you are bypassing that); and changing out a g-j tube is a bit of a production requiring a trip to radiology for proper placement.
Otherwise our little guys used the same hole in his stomach for the g-tube so no surgery.
It eliminated the vomitting all of the food we worked so hard to get in him (and helped with the laundry load)
But PRAYING that this new formula is the answer...
Post a Comment