Layne had a GI appointment yesterday. We explained to him the unusual pattern of vomiting that Layne has. He will vomit for 2 weeks sometimes and then be fine for 2 weeks to a month. It's the weirdest thing. So his doctor believes he has what is called cyclic vomiting syndrome. He has been prescribed Zofran to help when he has an episode. I'm really hoping this will help, because Layne is still a tiny 20lbs 7ozs, at 3 1/2 years old. We also have to squeeze in another feeding during the day, to try to "beef him up" as his doctor said, ha!
The past few appointments Layne has been to, he has had high blood pressure readings. Yesterday it was 133/83. I am concerned about this and so are the doctors. We will be seeing his nephrologist on Monday, so I'm going to ask him what to do about it.
2 comments:
Oh, we have the vomitting and done the zofran without much help.
Trying to bulk up around here too...
I read the list of triggers. With all the sickness y'all have had I'm sure that isn't helping. Hope the Dr.'s can get his blood pressure situation figured out.
Post a Comment