Thursday, January 29, 2009

The past week



We have been very busy this past week! We have moved into a new, bigger apartment! I am so happy will all the extra space, not to mention the walk in closets!!!!


We still have not heard any results yet. I have called a couple of times but nothing back yet. But we have an appointment with both the neurologist and the nephrologist on Monday so I will definitely know something by then. Layne will also be getting the CT scan next Friday. Fun fun. The good news is that if indeed that was a new type of seizure, he hasn't done it again, and to my understanding that is a good thing. They usually tell me that if it happens twice, it was probably a seizure, once and it may not have been!


Layne is continuing to progress in development, a little! He has recently learned to blow, I guess you call it raspberries, on his hand and arm!! I just love it! I can't wait to get it on video to show you! He is also making new sounds all the time, he kinda can go "ba". I will try to get that on video too!! I am so thrilled he has learned these new things, and I continue to pray that he continues to develop!!

I guess that's about it for now! I will update as soon as I know something!! For now here are some pics for you all! I would also like to ask everyone to pray for a very precious family. They have a 4 yr old boy named Cody, who has uncontrolled seizures and mitochondrial disease. Their website is http://www.crazyforcody.com/. Visit their site and pray for rest for them.
Here are some very pretty flowers Layne received from our church, thanks guys!
Here is Layne after he took the spoon away, haha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those flowers are soo pretty! I am so glad Layne is getting better! I am glad that i got to witness him "blowing" on his arm! priceless!! =] I need to plan a trip to see ya'll soon! love ya'll so much!

braden-kaleigh.blogspot.com said...

So glad to hear Layne has new skills. :-) I love the pic with the spoon. Braden did that to me this week and I think it's a good sign of independence. They want to do things themselves.