Monday, November 8, 2010

Smarty Pants


Layne may not be a 3 year old mentally, but he is one smart kid. He knows alot of words we are saying to him. Some examples are when we ask him "do you want some water", he does his sound for yes I want that. He knows "do you want to take a bath", "do you want to go night-night", and when we say " do you want to brush your teeth" he opens his mouth and sticks out his tongue and gets ready. A few more he knows are "do you want to go home", "are you ready to go to school", and "do you need a new diaper".

I am so happy he is able to communicate with us in this way. It is helpful, but there are still times when we don't know whats wrong, like maybe he has a headache, but we will never know.

4 comments:

Holli said...

I know any communtication is so helpful. We still struggle with that big time! If he's able to communicate and understand so much already, I'm sure there is much more to come!!

Searching for Grace said...

That is very exciting!!! We are still trying to learn Matthew's cues on what he wants/doesn't want. The kids look toooo cute :)

Jenkins said...

That is wonderful! I love that he opens his mouth and sticks out his tongue to brush his teeth...our little guy closes his mouth tight!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

What a cute picture! So happy to hear that Layne is communicating in his own way. It is pretty amazing what our kiddos pick up, isn't it? I am with you on the wish for more communication. Emily has had a few nights where she would wake up crying and I wish I could ask her why instead of running through a list of guesses.