Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Update!



So I admit, I've been slacking in the blog department. But that's a good thing, right? I think so because usually I was blogging when something was wrong with Layne, with him being sick or whatever the problem was. And that hasn't been happening lately so that is AWESOME!


So what's been going on? We found out on December 10th that Layne will be having a little sister! That is very exciting, a little girl will be perfect for Layne because she will probably want to play "mommy" and help me take care of him! I think that is good because she will bond with him in that way.


So how is Layne doing? He is doing well! He has managed to stay well so far this winter and I certainly hope it stays that way! We are approaching an ENTIRE YEAR of SEIZURE FREEDOM this February! That is such an awesome miracle! He is now completely weaned off of phenobarb so that is great too! He continues to improve with his vision and also with using his hands. He likes to touch anything I have in my hands and he always grabs for my plate, cup, etc! He likes to play with toys too, something I never expected to happen! He still needs lots of help playing and all of that but just the fact that he is interested is amazing to me!


We recently increased his day and night feeds and he is now allowed to have 2-3 "meals" a day! So he should be gaining more weight in no time! Last time I weighed him he was 18lbs 5ozs.


To prepare Layne for the baby coming, I have really been trying to put him down a lot more. He is getting to where he will swing for a good amount of time so that is great! He will also play in his high chair for a little bit after meals. Usually long enough for me to vacuum or do dishes or something! In the apartment complex we live in there are no W/D hookups so I have to go down to the laundry room. So I have tried to take him in his wheelchair and do a little bit of laundry, it seems to work out well. I have a laundry basket with wheels now so that is convenient!


I guess that's really all to update on for now! He sees his GI doctor on the 25th and then we see the Neurologist on March 1st.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of that is awesome news!! I am so proud of him and all of his accomplishments. For anyone who may doubt God...look at our baby Layne! He has come so far when little hope was given. A precious, miricle and gift from God! It is heart-warming to hear of his playing, reaching, etc. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I am glad he is able to get out with you to do laundry. HE may love the sounds, etc that are different than norm. Keep it up...you have done such a phenominal job with him. We can't wait to meet baby Petree!! :D

chadandnikki said...

That is all wonderful. Keep it up Mom, you're doing a fantastic job with this adorable little man.

braden-kaleigh.blogspot.com said...

That is sooo Awesome. :-) Way to go Layne.

Jenkins said...

I love updates! And those adorable pictures of him with that big grin!
One year seizure free?! That amazing!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

One year seizure free is AMAZING! That is worth celebrating! I love to see pictures of Layne - his smile is infectious! So glad that he is doing well.

Congrats on the baby girl! How exciting!

Holli said...

I haven't been on blogger much these days, so I haven't had a chance to check on updates. I was SO thrilled to read how well Layne is doing! That is absolutely amazing!

One year of seizure freedom is fantastic! I can't even imagine what a relief that is for you (and him). We just started the ketogenic diet with Austin and are seeing slow, but good progress. I remember you telling me that was Layne's miracle treatment, so we finally decided to go for it.

Hope to read more great updates like this one soon!

prashant said...

All of that is awesome news!!
Banner Advertising Network India